Is online counselling confidential and secure?
Our therapists have chosen to work with secure online platforms that provide end to end encryption and Canadian servers, ensuring that your data is protected.
Your session will be held in a private and confidential space, by your therapist, just as with a regular, in person session.
Please make sure that you have arranged to attend your appointment in a space that is private and safe from distractions for the duration of your session. Using headphones will also provide a sense of privacy.
- Make sure you have a quiet and private space to meet online. Please find a comfortable space to sit, just as you would in a therapy office.
- Set up your computer about 10 minutes before the session. Take the time to make sure your computer, microphone, and webcam are working. Get familiar with the screen and application your therapist is working with.
- Use a headset to ensure more privacy and connection.
- Free yourself from distractions by turning notifications and phone off, see if someone can supervise kids, and let family or roommates know you are in session.
- Check your internet bandwidth and ask family to minimize use of internet, if possible.
Please be ensured that your privacy is completely protected during online counselling.